Supergoop! SPF, Snow or Shine
- Sun protection
- Evens skin tone
- aphanizomenon flos-aquae extract
- argania spinosa kernel oil
- butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane
- c12-15 alkyl benzoate
Where to buy?
This product offers a good level of protection against both UVB and UVA rays.
This sunscreen uses organic sunscreen filters. Organic fitlers usually provide reliable sun protection and rarely leave a white cast. Sunscreens with organic filters can sting eyes.
This product can be considered "reef safe" because it does not contain the UV filters (oxybenzone and octinoxate) that can be harmful to coral reefs when present in the water in high concentrations.
This product can help prevent early signs of skin aging because it offers a good level of broad spectrum sun protection. Sun damage is the main cause of premature skin aging, and protecting your skin from the sun is the best anti-aging strategy.
These ingredients in the product might also be helpful for reducing and preventing fine lines, wrinkles, and skin elasticity, even though there is no conclusive evidence for their effectiveness: resveratrol.
This product offers broad spectrum sun protection. It means that it can prevent hyperpigmentation and help keep the skin tone even (sun damage is the main factor causing age spots, darkening of post-acne marks and other discolorations).
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: aphanizomenon flos-aquae extract, glycerin.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: dimethicone, isododecane.
This product contains antioxidants (resveratrol) that can help neutralize free radicals in skin. By doing so, they can lessen the damage the skin gets from the UV light (sun).
The following ingredients - aphanizomenon flos-aquae extract also can have an antioxidant effect, but there is less evidence to confirm their effectiveness in skin.
Ingredients by volume
Avobenzone. An organic, or so-called "chemical" UV filter. Protects against both UVA and UVB rays. Needs to be combined with other filters in a formulation to be stable.
A weak sunscreen that offers some protection against the sun rays that cause sunburn (UVB), but does not offer meaningful protection against protect against the most aging sun rays (UVA). It loses its effectiveness quickly when exposed to sunlight. It is an organic, or so called "chemical" sunscreen. When used in low concentrations, helps to stabilize the product formulation
Similar products & dupes
- Opinion on Homosalate - Scientific Committee on Consumer Products
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Effects of the Aphanizomenon flos-aquae Extract (Klamin®) on a Neurodegeneration Cellular Model
- The influence of alkane chain length on the skin irritation potential of 1,2-alkanediols
- Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Phenethyl Alcohol
- Safety Assessment of Alkyl Esters as Used in Cosmetics
- Natural vegetable fats in the prevention of irritant contact dermatitis
- Dimethicone as a protective ingredient in topical medications
- Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Dimethicone Copolyol
- α-(-)-Bisabolol Reduces Pro-Inflammatory Cytokine Production and Ameliorates Skin Inflammation
- Safety Assessment of Alumina and Aluminum Hydroxide as Used in Cosmetics
- Saponins from the Flower Buds of Buddleja officinalis
- Anti-Inflammatory Effect of Buddleja officinalis on Vascular Inflammation in Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells
- Total Peroxynitrite Scavenging Capacity of Phenylethanoid and Flavonoid Glycosides from the Flowers of Buddleja officinalis
- POSSIBLE TOXICITY OF HERBAL REMEDIES
- Skin permeation and antioxidant efficacy of topically applied resveratrol
- Chemoprevention of skin cancer by grape constituent resveratrol: relevance to human disease?
- Evaluation of efficacy and tolerance of a nighttime topical antioxidant containing resveratrol, baicalin, and vitamin e for treatment of mild to moderately photodamaged skin
- Resveratrol as a Multifunctional Topical Hypopigmenting Agent
- Anti-aging properties of resveratrol: review and report of a potent new antioxidant skin care formulation