- +7 more
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product contains good ingredients to attract water to the upper layer of the skin. These ingredients are called "humectants": anhydroxylitol, glycerin.
When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. If the air is dry, humectants can speed up the moisture loss from the skin. This is why it is a good idea to use another product on top of this one to help "seal in" the moisture (look for ingredients like dimethicone, squalane, oils and butters).
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
|45% - 55%|
Helps dissolve other ingredients in a formulation
|5.5% - 6.7%|
Used to create a nice product texture and help delivery of other ingredients. Might be somewhat helpful in attracting water to the upper layer of the skin
|4% - 4.9%|
Similar products & dupes
- Activity enhancement of ferulic acid with dimethyl isosorbride in cosmetic compositions
- Amended Safety Assessment of PEGylated Oils as Used in Cosmetics
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Analyzing Lycopene Content in Fruits
- Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging
- Hyaluronan (Hyaluronic Acid): a natural moisturizer for skin care
- Topical Glucose Induces Claudin-1 and Filaggrin Expression in a Mouse Model of Atopic Dermatitis and in Keratinocyte Culture, Exerting Anti-inflammatory Effects by Repairing Skin Barrier Function