Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil Face
- Evens skin tone
- +3 more
- argania spinosa kernel oil
- camelina sativa seed oil
- caprylic/capric triglyceride
- centella asiatica extract
- cocos nucifera oil
- helianthus annuus seed oil
- isopropyl myristate
- macadamia ternifolia seed oil
- methyl dihydroabietate
- prunus amygdalus dulcis oil
- prunus armeniaca kernel oil
- rosa canina fruit oil
- sesamum indicum seed oil
- theobroma cacao seed butter
- vitis vinifera seed oil
- +15 more
Where to buy?
This product can help reduce breakouts and clogged pores because it contains the following ingredient: retinol. This ingredient is used for treating acne and can have a noticeable effect.
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help reduce and prevent fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin elasticity and firmness because it contains retinol.
These ingredients in the product can also be helpful, even though there is less evidence for their effectiveness: centella asiatica extract.
Keep in mind that it typically takes at least 6 weeks to notice any results because the changes that are needed to improve fine lines and elasticity happen in the deeper layers of the skin. No topical anti-aging product can “erase” wrinkles or fully reverse signs of aging.
This product can help reduce hypepigmentation and even out the skin tone because it contains the following effective ingredients: retinol.
Keep in mind that you would need to apply any topical skincare targetted at hypigmentation consistently for a couple of months to get a result. No topical skincare product can help get rid of hyperpigmentation (including post-acne marks and age spots) instantly.
This product can help exfoliate the skin. In other words, it helps break down the bonds between dead cells on the surface of the skin and speed up the skin turnover. Skin often appears softer and brighter after exfoliation, but overdoing it can result in disrupted skin barrier. The following ingredient is doing the exfoliating job in this product: retinol.
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help soften the skin and reduce its moisture loss with emollients and occlusives: cocos nucifera oil, dimethicone.
Keep in mind that this product does not contain effective ingredients to attract water to the upper layer of the skin. This is why an additional product with humectants like glycerin or hyaluronic acid can be helpful (apply it before this product for the best results).
This product contains antioxidants (retinol) that can help neutralize free radicals in skin. By doing so, they can lessen the damage the skin gets from the UV light (sun).
The following ingredients - centella asiatica extract also can have an antioxidant effect, but there is less evidence to confirm their effectiveness in skin.
Ingredients by volume
Similar products & dupes
- Anti-Inflammatory and Skin Barrier Repair Effects of Topical Application of Some Plant Oils
- Physical and chemical characteristics and fatty acids composition of seeds oil isolated from Camelina sativa (L) cultivated in Mongolia
- Fatty acids profile of oil from nine varieties of Macadamia nut
- Protein and oil composition of sesame seeds (Sesamum indicum, L.) grown in the Gizan area of Saudi Arabia
- Triglyceride composition of Sesamum indicum seed oil
- Seed oil content and fatty acid composition in East African sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) accessions evaluated over 3 years
- Cocoa polyphenols and their influence on parameters involved in ex vivo skin restructuring
- Vitamin E in dermatology
- Vitamin E and Skin Health
- Retinoids in the treatment of skin aging: an overview of clinical efficacy and safety
- Improvement of naturally aged skin with vitamin A (retinol)
- A comparative study of the effects of retinol and retinoic acid on histological, molecular, and clinical properties of human skin
- Anti-Inflammatory Effect of Titrated Extract of Centella asiatica in Phthalic Anhydride-Induced Allergic Dermatitis Animal Model
- Centella asiatica in cosmetology
- Triterpene Composition and Bioactivities of Centella asiatica
- Asiaticoside induction for cell-cycle progression, proliferation and collagen synthesis in human dermal fibroblasts
- Assessment report on Centella asiatica (L.) Urban, herba
- Centella asiatica in Dermatology: An Overview
- The Effects of a Standardized Extract of Centella asiatica on Postlaser Resurfacing Wound Healing on the Face: A Split-Face, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial
- Natural vegetable fats in the prevention of irritant contact dermatitis
- Effect of Olive and Sunflower Seed Oil on the Adult Skin Barrier: Implications for Neonatal Skin Care
- Topically Applied Sunflower Seed Oil Prevents Invasive Bacterial Infections in Preterm Infants in Egypt
- Effect of topically applied lipids on surfactant-irritated skin
- Impact of topical oils on the skin barrier: possible implications for neonatal health in developing countries
- Dimethicone as a protective ingredient in topical medications
- Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Dimethicone Copolyol