Institut Esthederm MICELLAR AFTER-SUN SHOWER GEL
- laminaria digitata extract
- +3 more
Can the product deliver on its promises?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
WIMJ summary for moisturizing
This product contains good ingredients to attract water to the upper layer of the skin. These ingredients are called "humectants": carnosine, fructooligosaccharides.
When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. If the air is dry, humectants can speed up the moisture loss from the skin. This is why it is a good idea to use another product on top of this one to help "seal in" the moisture (look for ingredients like dimethicone, squalane, oils and butters).
WIMJ summary for anti-aging
This product contains carnosine. This ingredient might be able to help reduce and prevent fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin elasticity and firmness, but there is not enough evidence that it actually works.
WIMJ summary for anti-oxidation
This product contains antioxidants (carnosine) that can help neutralize free radicals in skin. By doing so, they can lessen the damage the skin gets from the UV light (sun).
How honest is this product?
|Promise||Can it deliver?|
Ingredients by volume
Similar products & dupes
- In Vitro Assessment of Skin Irritation Potential of Surfactant-based Formulations by Using a 3-D Skin Reconstructed Tissue Model and Cytokine Response
- Allergen of the Year—Alkyl Glucoside
- Contact Sensitization to Emulsifying Agents: An Underrated Issue?
- Potentially beneficial effects of rhamnose on skin ageing: an in vitro and in vivo study
- Surfactants and experimental irritant contact dermatitis
- Propylene Glycol
- Skin-sensitizing and irritant properties of propylene glycol
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Biological activities of the natural imidazole-containing peptidomimetics n-acetylcarnosine, carcinine and l-carnosine in ophthalmic and skin care products
- Vitamin E in dermatology