Comfort Zone Body Strategist Remodelling Thermogenic Cream
- c12-15 alkyl benzoate
- caprylic/capric triglyceride
- carnitine hcl
- +4 more
Can the product deliver on its promises?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
WIMJ summary for moisturizing
This product contains good ingredients to attract water to the upper layer of the skin. These ingredients are called "humectants": glycerin, carnitine hcl.
When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. If the air is dry, humectants can speed up the moisture loss from the skin. This is why it is a good idea to use another product on top of this one to help "seal in" the moisture (look for ingredients like dimethicone, squalane, oils and butters).
How honest is this product?
|Promise||Can it deliver?|
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
|40% - 60%|
Acts as a solvent for other ingredients. Speeds up the absorption of other ingredients into the skin
|4.9% - 7.3%|
Helps oil and water mix together while softening the upper layer of the skin
|3.1% - 4.7%|
Similar products & dupes
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Cyclodextrins: new drug delivery systems in dermatology
- Safety Assessment of Polyene Group as Used in Cosmetics
- 4 Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Sodium Dehydroacetate and Dehydroacetic Acid
- Topically applied L-carnitine effectively reduces sebum secretion in human skin