- +2 more
- acetyl heptapeptide-9
- +14 more
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help reduce and prevent fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin elasticity and firmness because it contains bakuchiol, niacinamide.
These ingredients in the product can also be helpful, even though there is less evidence for their effectiveness: acetyl heptapeptide-9, acetyl hexapeptide-8, n-prolyl palmitoyl tripeptide-56 acetate.
Keep in mind that it typically takes at least 6 weeks to notice any results because the changes that are needed to improve fine lines and elasticity happen in the deeper layers of the skin. No topical anti-aging product can “erase” wrinkles or fully reverse signs of aging.
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help reduce hypepigmentation and even out the skin tone because it contains the following effective ingredients: bakuchiol, niacinamide
The following ingredient (ingredients) in this product might be helpful, but there is no evidence to confirm that it actually can help even out the skin tone: glycine soja seed extract, hexylresorcinol.
Keep in mind that you would need to apply any topical skincare targetted at hypigmentation consistently for a couple of months to get a result. No topical skincare product can help get rid of hyperpigmentation (including post-acne marks and age spots) instantly.
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: diglycerin, glycerin.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: helianthus annuus seed oil, glycine soja seed extract.
The following ingredients in this product are especially good for supporting the skin barrier and helping with the hydration level: acetyl heptapeptide-9, acetyl hexapeptide-8, n-prolyl palmitoyl tripeptide-56 acetate, niacinamide, panthenol
This product contains antioxidants (bakuchiol) that can help neutralize free radicals in skin. By doing so, they can lessen the damage the skin gets from the UV light (sun).
The following ingredients - hexylresorcinol also can have an antioxidant effect, but there is less evidence to confirm their effectiveness in skin.
Ingredients by volume
A colorant. Does not have any proven benefits in skin
|25% - 31%|
Used to add a nice rose smell to the product. Can be irritating
|6.5% - 8%|
Is proven to be effective in reducing blemishes, evening out skin tone and helping to improve lines and wrinkles. It helps the skin to repair sun damage, calm down inflammation and keep maintain good levels of moisture
|6% - 7.3%|
Similar products & dupes
- Annex I: Clinical evidence regarding sensitisation to individual fragrance chemicals and to natural extracts
- Niacinamide - mechanisms of action and its topical use in dermatology
- Gehring, W. (2004). Nicotinic acid/niacinamide and the skin. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 3(2), 88–93. doi:10.1111/j.1473-2130.2004.00115.x
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Bakuchiol in the Management of Acne-affected Skin
- Prospective, randomized, double‐blind assessment of topical bakuchiol and retinol for facial photoageing
- A dermocosmetic containing bakuchiol, Ginkgo biloba extract and mannitol improves the efficacy of adapalene in patients with acne vulgaris: result from a controlled randomized trial
- α-(-)-Bisabolol Reduces Pro-Inflammatory Cytokine Production and Ameliorates Skin Inflammation
- The influence of alkane chain length on the skin irritation potential of 1,2-alkanediols
- Vitamin E in dermatology
- Vitamin E and Skin Health
- Effect of Olive and Sunflower Seed Oil on the Adult Skin Barrier: Implications for Neonatal Skin Care
- Topically Applied Sunflower Seed Oil Prevents Invasive Bacterial Infections in Preterm Infants in Egypt
- Effect of topically applied lipids on surfactant-irritated skin
- Impact of topical oils on the skin barrier: possible implications for neonatal health in developing countries
- Safety Assessment of Tin(IV) Oxide as Used in Cosmetics
- Skin moisturizing effects of panthenol-based formulations
- Safety Assessment of Panthenol, Pantothenic Acid, and Derivatives as Used in Cosmetics
- Cosmetic and dermatologic use of alpha hydroxy acids