- butyrospermum parkii butter
- cetyl alcohol
- +4 more
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: glycerin.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: dimethicone, theobroma cacao seed butter.
The following ingredients in this product are especially good for supporting the skin barrier and helping with the hydration level: petrolatum
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
|40% - 60%|
One of the most effective and the most studied occlusive ingredients that creates a protective layer on top of the skin preventing moisture loss
|5.1% - 7.7%|
One of the best moisturizing ingredients. Naturally present in skin. It attracts water to the upper layer of the skin working as a humectant
|3.5% - 5.2%|
Similar products & dupes
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Isopropyl Isostearate
- Dimethicone as a protective ingredient in topical medications
- Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Dimethicone Copolyol
- Cocoa polyphenols and their influence on parameters involved in ex vivo skin restructuring
- Final report on the safety assessment of aluminum silicate, calcium silicate, magnesium aluminum silicate, magnesium silicate, magnesium trisilicate, sodium magnesium silicate, zirconium silicate, attapulgite, bentonite, Fuller's earth, hectorite, kaolin, lithium magnesium silicate, lithium magnesium sodium silicate, montmorillonite, pyrophyllite, and zeolite