Tree Hut Tropic Glow Firming Whipped Body Butter
- butyrospermum parkii butter
- caprylic/capric triglyceride
- cetearyl alcohol
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: glycerin, caprylyl glycol.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: butyrospermum parkii butter, caprylic/capric triglyceride.
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
One of the best moisturizing ingredients. Naturally present in skin. It attracts water to the upper layer of the skin working as a humectant
An emollient that softens the skin and forms a protective layer on its surface. Helps water and oil mix together
Similar products & dupes
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Oil quality of pistachios (Pistacia vera L.) grown in East Azarbaijan, Iran
- Guava: phytochemical composition of a potential source of antioxidants for cosmetic and/or dermatological applications
- Advanced Skin Care – A Novel Ingredient
- Dimethicone as a protective ingredient in topical medications