Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum by Drunk Elephant
- Evens skin tone
- ascorbic acid
- ferulic acid
- acetyl glucosamine
- camellia sinensis leaf extract
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help reduce and prevent fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin elasticity and firmness because it contains ascorbic acid, acetyl glucosamine.
These ingredients in the product can also be helpful, even though there is less evidence for their effectiveness: ferulic acid.
Keep in mind that it typically takes at least 6 weeks to notice any results because the changes that are needed to improve fine lines and elasticity happen in the deeper layers of the skin. No topical anti-aging product can “erase” wrinkles or fully reverse signs of aging.
This product can help reduce hypepigmentation and even out the skin tone because it contains the following effective ingredients: ascorbic acid.
In addition, this product contains acetyl glucosamine. This ingredient (ingredients) might help reduce hyperpigmentation, but the effect, if any, is likely to be small.
The following ingredient (ingredients) in this product might be helpful, but there is no evidence to confirm that it actually can help even out the skin tone: dipotassium glycyrrhizate, ferulic acid, glycyrrhiza glabra root extract, lactobacillus/pumpkin ferment extract, phyllanthus emblica fruit extract, tetrahydrobisdemethoxydiferuloylmethane, vitis vinifera juice extract.
Keep in mind that you would need to apply any topical skincare targetted at hypigmentation consistently for a couple of months to get a result. No topical skincare product can help get rid of hyperpigmentation (including post-acne marks and age spots) instantly.
This product contains antioxidants (ascorbic acid, ferulic acid) that can help neutralize free radicals in skin. By doing so, they can lessen the damage the skin gets from the UV light (sun).
The following ingredients - camellia sinensis leaf extract, phyllanthus emblica fruit extract, tetrahydrobisdemethoxydiferuloylmethane also can have an antioxidant effect, but there is less evidence to confirm their effectiveness in skin.
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
Used to dissolve other ingredients in a product and can enhance their ability to penetrate the skin
The most well-researched antioxidant that works in skin. Helps neutralize free radicals supporting collagen production, helping to even out the skin tone and preventing early signs of aging
Similar products & dupes
- Activity enhancement of ferulic acid with dimethyl isosorbride in cosmetic compositions
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Anti-aging potential of extracts from Sclerocarya birrea (A. Rich.) Hochst and its chemical profiling by UPLC-Q-TOF-MS
- Physico-chemical composition and characterisation of the seed and seed oil of Sclerocarya birrea
- Assessment of the potential irritancy of oleic acid on human skin: Evaluation in vitro and in vivo
- Ameliorating effect of dipotassium glycyrrhizinate on an IL-4- and IL-13-induced atopic dermatitis-like skin-equivalent model
- Final report on the safety assessment of Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Potassium Glycyrrhetinate, Disodium Succinoyl Glycyrrhetinate, Glyceryl Glycyrrhetinate, Glycyrrhetinyl Stearate, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Glycyrrhizic Acid, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Disodium Glycyrrhizate, Trisodium Glycyrrhizate, Methyl Glycyrrhizate, and Potassium Glycyrrhizinate.
- Safety Assessment of Vitis Vinifera (Grape)-Derived Ingredients as Used in Cosmetics
- Amla (Emblica officinalis Gaertn.) extract promotes procollagen production and inhibits matrix metalloproteinase-1 in human skin fibroblasts
- Emblica Cascading Antioxidant: A Novel Natural Skin Care Ingredient
- Vitamin E in dermatology
- Vitamin E and Skin Health
- Cosmetic product with anti-skin-aging properties
- Wheat in skin care
- Ferulic Acid: Therapeutic Potential Through Its Antioxidant Property
- Ferulic acid stabilizes a solution of vitamins C and E and doubles its photoprotection of skin
- Antioxidant Properties of Ferulic Acid and Its Possible Application
- The effect of N-acetyl-glucosamine on stratum corneum desquamation and water content in human skin
- Glucosamine: an ingredient with skin and other benefits
- Genomic expression changes induced by topical N-acetyl glucosamine in skin equivalent cultures in vitro
- Incorporation of D-(^H)glucosamine into normal and psoriatic epidermal glycoconjugates
- Reduction in the appearance of facial hyperpigmentation by topical N-acetyl glucosamine
- Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging
- Hyaluronan (Hyaluronic Acid): a natural moisturizer for skin care
- Skin lightening effect of tetrahydrocurcumin
- Use of tetrahydrocurcuminoids to regulate physiological and pathological events in the skin and mucosa