Darphin Aromatic Cleansing Balm with Rosewood
- cetearyl alcohol
- glyceryl stearate se
- hydroxystearic/linolenic/oleic polyglycerides
- +4 more
Can the product deliver on its promises?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
WIMJ summary for cleansing
This product works by removing dirt and oil from the surface of the skin. It uses a combination of mild cleansing agents (cetearyl alcohol, decyl glucoside, dextrin palmitate, glyceryl behenate/eicosadioate, glyceryl stearate se, oleic/linoleic/linolenic polyglycerides, peg-10 laurate, peg-100 stearate, polyglyceryl-10 behenate/eicosadioate, sorbitan oleate) and should be able to cleanse the skin gently. Still keep in mind that any cleansing can disrupt the skin barrier, and most people do not need to cleanse their skin more than once per day.
Even though this formulation is mild, the following cleansing agents could trigger an irritation or allergy for some people: decyl glucoside
How honest is this product?
|Promise||Can it deliver?|
Ingredients by volume
Helps to soften the upper layer of the skin and create a nice product texture
|23% - 35%|
Helps soften the upper layer of the skin
|5.9% - 8.8%|
One of the best moisturizing ingredients. Naturally present in skin. It attracts water to the upper layer of the skin working as a humectant
|4.3% - 6.5%|
Similar products & dupes
- Safety Assessment of Polyene Group as Used in Cosmetics
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Surfactants and experimental irritant contact dermatitis
- Ecofriendly surfactant is allergen of the year
- Anti-aging potential of extracts from Sclerocarya birrea (A. Rich.) Hochst and its chemical profiling by UPLC-Q-TOF-MS