Zelens Intense Defence Antioxidant Serum
- ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate
- lactic acid
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product contains centella asiatica extract, tripeptide-1. These ingredients might be able to help reduce and prevent fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin elasticity and firmness, but there is not enough evidence that it actually works.
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: glycerin, sodium hyaluronate.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: dimethicone, squalane.
The following ingredients in this product are especially good for supporting the skin barrier and helping with the hydration level: tripeptide-1
This product contains antioxidants (dimethylmethoxy chromanol, superoxide dismutase, thioctic acid, ubiquinone) that can help neutralize free radicals in skin. By doing so, they can lessen the damage the skin gets from the UV light (sun).
The following ingredients - camellia sinensis leaf extract, centella asiatica extract, ginkgo biloba leaf extract also can have an antioxidant effect, but there is less evidence to confirm their effectiveness in skin.
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
One of the best moisturizing ingredients. Naturally present in skin. It attracts water to the upper layer of the skin working as a humectant
Enhances the product texture and makes it more spreadable. Helps reduce water loss from the outer layer of skin. Extands the shelf life by preventing bacteria growth
Similar products & dupes
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging
- Hyaluronan (Hyaluronic Acid): a natural moisturizer for skin care
- A novel efficient and safe treatment for atopic dermatitis: Topical superoxide dismutase (SOD).
- Novel topical agent containing superoxide dismutase 100 000 IU and 4% of plant extracts as a mono-therapy for atopic dermatitis
- Copper/Zinc Superoxide Dismutase in Human Skin: Current Knowledge
- Photoprotective Effect of Topically Applied Superoxide Dismutase on Sunburn Reaction in Comparison with Sunscreen
- The role of superoxide dismutase (SOD) in skin disorders
- Topical formulations with superoxide dismutase: Influence of formulation composition on physical stability and enzymatic activity
- Skin protective effects of RM191A, a novel superoxide dismutase mimetic
- Assessment of penetration of Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate into biological membranes by molecular dynamics
- Stability evaluation of tocopheryl acetate and ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate in isolation and incorporated in cosmetic formulations using thermal analysis
- A new lipophilic pro-vitamin C, tetra-isopalmitoyl ascorbic acid (VC-IP), prevents UV-induced skin pigmentation through its anti-oxidative properties
- New lipophilic pro-vitamin C, tetra-isopalmitoyl ascorbic acid (VC-IP), suppresses senile lentigo through controlling of melanocytes-keratinocytes interaction
- α-(-)-Bisabolol Reduces Pro-Inflammatory Cytokine Production and Ameliorates Skin Inflammation
- Anti-Inflammatory Effect of Titrated Extract of Centella asiatica in Phthalic Anhydride-Induced Allergic Dermatitis Animal Model
- Centella asiatica in cosmetology
- Triterpene Composition and Bioactivities of Centella asiatica
- Asiaticoside induction for cell-cycle progression, proliferation and collagen synthesis in human dermal fibroblasts
- Assessment report on Centella asiatica (L.) Urban, herba
- Centella asiatica in Dermatology: An Overview
- The Effects of a Standardized Extract of Centella asiatica on Postlaser Resurfacing Wound Healing on the Face: A Split-Face, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial
- Safety Assessment of Ginkgo biloba-Derived Ingredients as Used in Cosmetics
- Cosmeceutical Critique: Ginkgo Biloba
- Extracts from Glycine max (soybean) induce elastin synthesis and inhibit elastase activity
- Dermatological and cosmeceutical benefits of Glycine max (soybean) and its active components
- Safety Assessment of Soy Peptides as Used in Cosmetics
- Wheat in skin care
- Singlet molecular oxygen quenching by the antioxidant dimethylmethoxy chromanol in solution and in ex vivo porcine skin
- Epidermal and dermal effects of topical lactic acid
- Dual Effects of Alpha-Hydroxy Acids on the Skin
- Dimethicone as a protective ingredient in topical medications
- Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Dimethicone Copolyol
- Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Acrylates Copolymer and 33 Related Cosmetic Ingredients