Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream
- paraffinum liquidum
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: allantoin, soluble collagen.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: beeswax, dimethicone.
The following ingredients in this product are especially good for supporting the skin barrier and helping with the hydration level: lanolin, urea
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
Helps oil and water mix together and can enhance the penetration of other ingredients into the skin
Sebum of wool-bearing animals (most commonly sheep). Helps soften the upper layer of the skin and reduce the skin water loss. In rare cases could be an allergen. Not suitable for vegans
Similar products & dupes
- Surfactants and experimental irritant contact dermatitis
- The lanolin paradox revisited Matiz, Catalina et al. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Volume 64, Issue 1, 197
- Topical urea in skincare: A review
- Sorbitan sesquioleate, a common emulsifier in topical corticosteroids, is an important contact allergen
- Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Isopropyl Isostearate