Replenix Power of Three Serum
- Evens skin tone
- +2 more
- glycolic acid
- camellia sinensis catechins
- sodium hyaluronate
- +3 more
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help reduce and prevent fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin elasticity and firmness because it contains glycolic acid.
These ingredients in the product can also be helpful, even though there is less evidence for their effectiveness: camellia sinensis catechins, resveratrol.
Keep in mind that it typically takes at least 6 weeks to notice any results because the changes that are needed to improve fine lines and elasticity happen in the deeper layers of the skin. No topical anti-aging product can “erase” wrinkles or fully reverse signs of aging.
This product can help reduce hypepigmentation and even out the skin tone because it contains the following effective ingredients: glycolic acid
The following ingredient (ingredients) in this product might be helpful, but there is no evidence to confirm that it actually can help even out the skin tone: resveratrol.
Keep in mind that you would need to apply any topical skincare targetted at hypigmentation consistently for a couple of months to get a result. No topical skincare product can help get rid of hyperpigmentation (including post-acne marks and age spots) instantly.
This product can help exfoliate the skin. In other words, it helps break down the bonds between dead cells on the surface of the skin and speed up the skin turnover. Skin often appears softer and brighter after exfoliation, but overdoing it can result in disrupted skin barrier. The following ingredient is doing the exfoliating job in this product: glycolic acid.
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product contains good ingredients to attract water to the upper layer of the skin. These ingredients are called "humectants": sodium hyaluronate.
When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. If the air is dry, humectants can speed up the moisture loss from the skin. This is why it is a good idea to use another product on top of this one to help "seal in" the moisture (look for ingredients like dimethicone, squalane, oils and butters).
This product contains antioxidants (camellia sinensis catechins, resveratrol) that can help neutralize free radicals in skin. By doing so, they can lessen the damage the skin gets from the UV light (sun).
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
|40% - 60%|
Might be helpful in neutralizing free radicals. Can have a dehydration effect that might somewhat decrease the look of puffy eyes
|6.1% - 9.2%|
Used to create gel-like formulas and stabilize emulsions
|3.9% - 5.9%|
A group of chemical compounds extracted from Green Tea. They can help neutralize free radicals in skin. Might be able to help repair sun damage and clam down inflammation in skin
|2.9% - 4.3%|
One of the best moisturizing ingredients. Attracts water into the upper layer of the skin
|2.5% - 3.7%|
Helps neutralize free radicals in skin and might help reduce fine lines and wrinkles, as well as even out the skin tone
|1.9% - 2.9%|
An active component of chamomile plant that historically has been used to calm down irritated skin. A recent study shows that bisabolol indeed can have some anti-inflammatory effect on skin, even though conclusive data is lacking. Bisabolol has a sweet floral scent and can be added to products for its aromatic properties
|1.6% - 2.4%|
Might be somewhat helpful in reducing hyperpigmentation and neutralizing free radicals but its typical concentration in a product is too low for having an effect
|1.2% - 1.8%|
Plant extract that can have healing and anti-inflammatory properties. It is a potential allergen and can be irritating
|0.9% - 1.35%|
|0.55% - 1.25%|
Can be helpful in reducing inflammation in skin. Is a likely irritant
|0.4% - 0.95%|
An alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) that helps to remove the dead skin cells on the surface of the skin reveling a more even, smoother complexation. It is also able to stimulate collagen production with long-term use. Could help to reduce pore congestion. It can be irritating to the skin. Apply sunscreen daily if using products with glycolic acid
|0.35% - 0.8%|
Helps oil and water mix together
|0.15% - 0.65%|
|0.1% - 0.5%|
Helps to stabilize the product formulation
|0.05% - 0.25%|
A preservative. It helps prevent bacterial growth in cosmetic products
|0.05% - 0.3%|
Similar products & dupes
- Applications of Tea (Camellia sinensis) and Its Active Constituents in Cosmetics
- Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging
- Hyaluronan (Hyaluronic Acid): a natural moisturizer for skin care
- Skin permeation and antioxidant efficacy of topically applied resveratrol
- Chemoprevention of skin cancer by grape constituent resveratrol: relevance to human disease?
- Evaluation of efficacy and tolerance of a nighttime topical antioxidant containing resveratrol, baicalin, and vitamin e for treatment of mild to moderately photodamaged skin
- Resveratrol as a Multifunctional Topical Hypopigmenting Agent
- Anti-aging properties of resveratrol: review and report of a potent new antioxidant skin care formulation
- Resveratrol: A Unique Antioxidant Offering a Multi-Mechanistic Approach for Treating Aging Skin
- α-(-)-Bisabolol Reduces Pro-Inflammatory Cytokine Production and Ameliorates Skin Inflammation
- Allergic contact dermatitis induced by rosemary leaf extract in a cleansing gel
- Safety Assessment of Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary)-Derived Ingredients as Used in Cosmetics
- Photoprotective and antiinflammatory effects of topical glycolic acid
- Glycolic acid peel therapy – a current review