- butyrospermum parkii butter
- cetearyl alcohol
- cetyl alcohol
- +6 more
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: glycerin.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: dimethicone, phytosteryl/octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate.
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
An aromatic blend of unspecified and possibly irritating ingredients
Plant oil from nuts that helps soften the upper layer of the skin. Contains a high concentration of oleic acid that can weaken skin's barrier function and increase water-loss while enhancing penetration of other ingredients
Similar products & dupes
- Fatty acids profile of oil from nine varieties of Macadamia nut
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Use of “natural” oils for moisturization: Review of olive, coconut, and sunflower seed oil
- Dimethicone as a protective ingredient in topical medications
- Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Dimethicone Copolyol
- Final report on the safety assessment of Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Tocopheryl Linoleate/Oleate, Tocopheryl Nicotinate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Dioleyl Tocopheryl Methylsilanol, Potassium Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Phosphate, and Tocophersolan
- Highly active antioxidant of tocopheryl ascorbyl phosphate
- Vitamin E in dermatology
- Vitamin E and Skin Health