Mila Moursi Broad Spectrum SPF30 Sunscreen
- Sun protection
- Evens skin tone
This product offers a good level of protection against both UVB and UVA rays.
This sunscreen uses organic sunscreen filters. Organic fitlers usually provide reliable sun protection and rarely leave a white cast. Sunscreens with organic filters can sting eyes.
This product can be considered "reef safe" because it does not contain the UV filters (oxybenzone and octinoxate) that can be harmful to coral reefs when present in the water in high concentrations.
|Ingredient||UVB||UVA I||UVA II||Stability|
Non-organic (mineral) filters
|Ingredient||UVB||UVA I||UVA II||Stability|
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help prevent early signs of skin aging because it offers a good level of broad spectrum sun protection. Sun damage is the main cause of premature skin aging, and protecting your skin from the sun is the best anti-aging strategy.
These ingredients in the product might also be helpful for reducing and preventing fine lines, wrinkles, and skin elasticity, even though there is no conclusive evidence for their effectiveness: cyclotetrapeptide-24 aminocyclohexane carboxylate, hexapeptide-33, lysine, retinyl palmitate, serine, sh-oligopeptide-1, sh-oligopeptide-2, sh-polypeptide-1, sh-polypeptide-11, sh-polypeptide-22, sh-polypeptide-9, threonine.
This product offers broad spectrum sun protection. It means that it can prevent hyperpigmentation and help keep the skin tone even (sun damage is the main factor causing age spots, darkening of post-acne marks and other discolorations).
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: alanine, arginine.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: arginine, caryodendron orinocense seed oil.
The following ingredients in this product are especially good for supporting the skin barrier and helping with the hydration level: cyclotetrapeptide-24 aminocyclohexane carboxylate, sh-oligopeptide-1, sh-oligopeptide-2, sh-polypeptide-1, sh-polypeptide-11, sh-polypeptide-22, sh-polypeptide-9
Ingredients by volume
Avobenzone. A broad spectrum sunscreen meaning that it can protect against both UVA rays. Currently, it is the only sunscreen ingredient available in the US (approved by the FDA) with the peak absorbance within the UVA I range. It loses its effectiveness quickly when exposed to sunlight. It is an organic, or so called "chemical" sunscreen. When used in low concentrations, helps stabilize the product formulation
A weak sunscreen that offers some protection against the sun rays that cause sunburn (UVB), but does not offer meaningful protection against protect against the most aging sun rays (UVA). It loses its effectiveness quickly when exposed to sunlight. It is an organic, or so called "chemical" sunscreen. When used in low concentrations, helps to stabilize the product formulation
Similar products & dupes
- Opinion on Homosalate - Scientific Committee on Consumer Products
- A review of inorganic UV filters zinc oxide and titanium dioxide
- Risk assessment of zinc oxide, a cosmetic ingredient used as a UV filter of sunscreens
- Characterization of the UVA protection provided by avobenzone, zinc oxide, and titanium dioxide in broad-spectrum sunscreen products
- Ultraviolet Protection Properties of Commercial Sunscreens and Sunscreens Containing Zno Nanorods
- ZnO nanoparticles and organic chemical UV-filters are equally well tolerated by human immune cells
- Chemical characterization and antioxidant activity of Amazonian (Ecuador) Caryodendron orinocense Karst. and Bactris gasipaes Kunth seed oils
- Safety Assessment of Alkyl Esters as Used in Cosmetics
- The effect of Zanthoxylum bungeanum maxim extract on crow's feet: A double-blind, split-face trial
- Effect of Topical Application of Glycine and Proline on Recalcitrant Leg Ulcers of Prolidase Deficiency
- Functional glycine receptor in cultured human keratinocytes
- Combination of amino acids reduces pigmentation in B16F0 melanoma cells
- Topical palmitoyl pentapeptide provides improvement in photoaged human facial skin
- Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging
- Hyaluronan (Hyaluronic Acid): a natural moisturizer for skin care