- palmitoyl tripeptide-5
- trifluoroacetyl tripeptide-2
- +5 more
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product contains palmitoyl tripeptide-5, trifluoroacetyl tripeptide-2. These ingredients might be able to help reduce and prevent fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin elasticity and firmness, but there is not enough evidence that it actually works.
This product contains good ingredients to attract water to the upper layer of the skin. These ingredients are called "humectants": dextran, glycerin.
When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. If the air is dry, humectants can speed up the moisture loss from the skin. This is why it is a good idea to use another product on top of this one to help "seal in" the moisture (look for ingredients like dimethicone, squalane, oils and butters).
The following ingredients in this product are especially good for supporting the skin barrier and helping with the hydration level: palmitoyl tripeptide-5, panthenol, trifluoroacetyl tripeptide-2
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
|40% - 60%|
One of the best moisturizing ingredients. Naturally present in skin. It attracts water to the upper layer of the skin working as a humectant
|4.7% - 7.1%|
One of the best moisturizing ingredients. Attracts water into the upper layer of the skin
|3.9% - 5.9%|
Similar products & dupes
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging
- Hyaluronan (Hyaluronic Acid): a natural moisturizer for skin care
- Dunaliella salina alga extract inhibits the production of interleukin-6, nitric oxide, and reactive oxygen species by regulating nuclear factor-κB/Janus kinase/signal transducer and activator of transcription in virus-infected RAW264.7 cells
- Biochemical composition and bioactivity screening of various extracts from Dunaliella salina, a green microalga