Hawaiian Tropic Protective Dry Oil SPF15mini
- Sun protection
- ascorbic acid
- retinyl palmitate
- paraffinum liquidum
Where to buy?
This product does not offer good protection against UVA rays.
This product can be considered "reef safe" because it does not contain the UV filters (oxybenzone and octinoxate) that can be harmful to coral reefs when present in the water in high concentrations.
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: arginine, histidine.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: arginine, cocos nucifera oil.
The following ingredients in this product are especially good for supporting the skin barrier and helping with the hydration level: paraffinum liquidum
This product contains antioxidants (tartaric acid) that might be able to help neutralize free radicals in skin to lessen the damage it gets from the UV light (sun). There is not enough evidence to confirm their effectiveness in skin though.
Ingredients by volume
One of the most effective and well studied occlusive and emollient moisturizing ingredients. Helps reduce moisture loss in skin and repair skin barrier function
An emollient that helps soften the skin and create a nice product texture
Helps soften the upper layer of the skin
Similar products & dupes
- A review on the extensive skin benefits of mineral oil
- Opinion on Homosalate - Scientific Committee on Consumer Products
- Dermatological and environmental toxicological impact of the sunscreen ingredient oxybenzone/benzophenone‐3
- Effect of Sunscreen Application on Plasma Concentration of Sunscreen Active Ingredients A Randomized Clinical Trial
- On Photostability of Oxybenzone
- Final report of the cosmetic ingredient review expert panel on the safety assessment of Polyisobutene and Hydrogenated Polyisobutene as used in cosmetics
- Histidine and/or Histidine Derivative for the Treatment of Inflammatory Skin Diseases
- Safety Assessment of α-Amino Acids as Used in Cosmetics
- Control of keratinization with á-hydroxy acids and related compounds: I. Topical treatment of ichthyotic disorders
- Dual Effects of Alpha-Hydroxy Acids on the Skin
- Method of treating wrinkles using tartaric acid
- Impact of the condition of storage of tartaric acid solutions on the production and stability of glyoxylic acid