Estée Lauder Re-Nutriv Regenerating Youth Eye Crème
- Evens skin tone
- acetyl hexapeptide-8
- linoleic acid
- acetyl glucosamine
- ascophyllum nodosum extract
- +24 more
Can the product deliver on its promises?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
WIMJ summary for anti-aging
This product can help reduce and prevent fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin elasticity and firmness because it contains acetyl glucosamine.
These ingredients in the product can also be helpful, even though there is less evidence for their effectiveness: acetyl hexapeptide-8.
Keep in mind that it typically takes at least 6 weeks to notice any results because the changes that are needed to improve fine lines and elasticity happen in the deeper layers of the skin. No topical anti-aging product can “erase” wrinkles or fully reverse signs of aging.
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
WIMJ summary for moisturizing
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: algae extract, artemia extract.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: dimethicone, algae extract.
The following ingredients in this product are especially good for supporting the skin barrier and helping with the hydration level: acetyl glucosamine, acetyl hexapeptide-8
WIMJ summary for evens skin tone
This product can help reduce hypepigmentation and even out the skin tone because it contains the following effective ingredients: acetyl glucosamine
The following ingredient (ingredients) in this product might be helpful, but there is no evidence to confirm that it actually can help even out the skin tone: glycine soja protein, narcissus tazetta bulb extract.
Keep in mind that you would need to apply any topical skincare targetted at hypigmentation consistently for a couple of months to get a result. No topical skincare product can help get rid of hyperpigmentation (including post-acne marks and age spots) instantly.
WIMJ summary for anti-oxidation
This product contains antioxidants (ethylbisiminomethylguaiacol manganese chloride) that can help neutralize free radicals in skin. By doing so, they can lessen the damage the skin gets from the UV light (sun).
The following ingredients - decarboxy carnosine hcl also can have an antioxidant effect, but there is less evidence to confirm their effectiveness in skin.
How honest is this product?
|Promise||Can it deliver?|
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
|45% - 55%|
A silicone that helps improve the product texture and spreadability. Can absord oil creating a short-term mattifying effect on the skin
|6% - 7.3%|
Used to create a nice product texture and help delivery of other ingredients. Might be somewhat helpful in attracting water to the upper layer of the skin
|4.2% - 5.2%|
Similar products & dupes
Estée Lauder - Re-Nutriv Regenerating Youth Eye Crème
GLAMGLOW - BRIGHTEYES Illuminating Anti-Fatigue Eye Cream
Darphin - Ideal Resource Restorative Bright Eye Cream
Clinique - Smart Clinical Repair Wrinkle Correcting Eye Cream
Tom Ford - Research Eye Repair Concentrate
AERIN - Waterlily Sun Body Cream
NEOSTRATA - Skin Active Intensive Eye Therapy Firming Cream for Mature Skin
Uncommon Beauty - Triple Effect Eye Cream
Biopelle - Emepelle Eye Cream
Emepelle - Eye Cream
Crème de la Mer - Genaissance De La Mer™ The Eye And Expression Cream
|WIMJ similarity score|
|Key ingredients|| |
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Dimethicone as a protective ingredient in topical medications
- Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Dimethicone Copolyol
- Amended Safety Assessment of Triglycerides as Used in Cosmeti
- Antiviral activity of the Indian medicinal plant extract, Swertia chirata against herpes simplex viruses: A study by in-vitro and molecular approach
- Therapeutic Swertia chirata - An Overview
- A Review of Swertia chirayita (Gentianaceae) as a Traditional Medicinal Plant
- Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging
- Hyaluronan (Hyaluronic Acid): a natural moisturizer for skin care
- Use of Probiotics for Dermal Applications
- Scutellaria baicalensis, the golden herb from the garden of Chinese medicinal plants
- Flavonoids in Treating Psoriasis
- Improvement of skin barrier dysfunction by Scutellaria baicalensis GEOGI extracts through lactic acid fermentation
- Safety Assessment of Scutellaria baicalensis-Derived Ingredients as Used in Cosmetics
- Marine Bioactive Compounds and Their Health Benefits: A Review
- Antioxidant Capacity and Lipophilic Content of Seaweeds Collected from the Qingdao Coastline
- The Effects of Purified Artemia Extract Proteins on Proliferation, Differentiation and Apoptosis of Human Leukemic HL-60 Cells
- Celiac Disease & Skin Care Products
- Preventive and Therapeutic Role of Functional Ingredients of Barley Grass for Chronic Diseases in Human Beings
- Final report of the cosmetic ingredient review expert panel on the safety assessment of Polyisobutene and Hydrogenated Polyisobutene as used in cosmetics
- The effect of N-acetyl-glucosamine on stratum corneum desquamation and water content in human skin
- Glucosamine: an ingredient with skin and other benefits
- Genomic expression changes induced by topical N-acetyl glucosamine in skin equivalent cultures in vitro
- Incorporation of D-(^H)glucosamine into normal and psoriatic epidermal glycoconjugates
- Reduction in the appearance of facial hyperpigmentation by topical N-acetyl glucosamine
- TOPICAL COMPOSITIONS CONTAINING WHEY PROTEINS
- Nuclear Factor Kappa B Inhibition as a Therapeutic Target of Nutraceuticals in Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, and Related Inflammation
- Resveratrol as an active ingredient for cosmetic and dermatological applications: a review
- Wheat in skin care
- Dynamic monitoring of glutathione redox status in UV-B irradiated reconstituted epidermis: effect of antioxidant activity on skin homeostasis
- Mother of pearl: The power of pearl powder
- A comparison of the relative antioxidant potency of L‐ergothioneine and idebenone
- l-Ergothioneine Protects Skin Cells against UV-Induced Damage—A Preliminary Study
- The Permeability Barrier in Essential Fatty Acid Deficiency: Evidence for a Direct Role for Linoleic Acid in Barrier Function
- Digital image analysis of the effect of topically applied linoleic acid on acne microcomedones.
- Topical Glucose Induces Claudin-1 and Filaggrin Expression in a Mouse Model of Atopic Dermatitis and in Keratinocyte Culture, Exerting Anti-inflammatory Effects by Repairing Skin Barrier Function
- Dermatological and cosmeceutical benefits of Glycine max (soybean) and its active components
- Extracts from Glycine max (soybean) induce elastin synthesis and inhibit elastase activity
- The natural yeast extract isolated by ethanol precipitation inhibits melanin synthesis by modulating tyrosinase activity and downregulating melanosome transfer
- Evaluation of dermatological effects of cosmetic formulations containing Saccharomyces cerevisiae extract and vitamins
- Safety Assessment of Alumina and Aluminum Hydroxide as Used in Cosmetics
- Cyclodextrins: new drug delivery systems in dermatology
- Safety Assessment of Magnesium Sulfate as Used in Cosmetics
- A Synthetic Superoxide Dismutase/Catalase Mimetic (EUK-134) Inhibits Membrane-Damage-Induced Activation of Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase Pathways and Reduces p53 Accumulation in Ultraviolet B-Exposed Primary Human Keratinocytes
- Use of the synthetic superoxide dismutase/catalase mimetic EUK-134 to compensate for seasonal antioxidant deficiency by reducing pre-existing lipid peroxides at the human skin surface
- A synthetic superoxide dismutase/catalase mimetic EUK-207 mitigates radiation dermatitis and promotes wound healing in irradiated rat skin