- Evens skin tone
- +1 more
- tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate
- acetyl glucosamine
- +12 more
Where to buy?
This product can help reduce and prevent fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin elasticity and firmness because it contains acetyl glucosamine.
Keep in mind that it typically takes at least 6 weeks to notice any results because the changes that are needed to improve fine lines and elasticity happen in the deeper layers of the skin. No topical anti-aging product can “erase” wrinkles or fully reverse signs of aging.
This product can help reduce hypepigmentation and even out the skin tone because it contains the following effective ingredients: acetyl glucosamine
The following ingredient (ingredients) in this product might be helpful, but there is no evidence to confirm that it actually can help even out the skin tone: punica granatum extract.
Keep in mind that you would need to apply any topical skincare targetted at hypigmentation consistently for a couple of months to get a result. No topical skincare product can help get rid of hyperpigmentation (including post-acne marks and age spots) instantly.
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: faex, glycerin.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: dimethicone, peg-10 dimethicone.
The following ingredients in this product are especially good for supporting the skin barrier and helping with the hydration level: acetyl glucosamine
This product contains antioxidants (punica granatum extract) that might be able to help neutralize free radicals in skin to lessen the damage it gets from the UV light (sun). There is not enough evidence to confirm their effectiveness in skin though.
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
|45% - 55%|
A silicone that helps to reduce water loss from the surface of the skin. Can temporarily "fill in" lines and wrinkles, absorb oil, and create a nice product finish
|5.8% - 7.1%|
Improves the texture of the product and helps soften the skin. Helps oil and water mix together and can be used as a cleansing agent
|4.2% - 5.2%|
Similar products & dupes
- Dimethicone as a protective ingredient in topical medications
- Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Dimethicone Copolyol
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Extract of Punica granatum inhibits skin photoaging induced by UVB irradiation
- Topical microemulsion containing Punica granatum extract: its control over skin erythema and melanin in healthy Asian subjects
- Safety Assessment of Punica granatum -Derived Ingredients as Used in Cosmetics
- Anti-Inflammatory and Neuroactive Properties of Selected Fruit Extracts
- Celiac Disease & Skin Care Products
- Preventive and Therapeutic Role of Functional Ingredients of Barley Grass for Chronic Diseases in Human Beings
- Effect of green Coffea arabica L. seed oil on extracellular matrix components and water-channel expression in in vitro and ex vivo human skin models
- A comparison of the relative antioxidant potency of L‐ergothioneine and idebenone
- l-Ergothioneine Protects Skin Cells against UV-Induced Damage—A Preliminary Study
- The natural yeast extract isolated by ethanol precipitation inhibits melanin synthesis by modulating tyrosinase activity and downregulating melanosome transfer
- Evaluation of dermatological effects of cosmetic formulations containing Saccharomyces cerevisiae extract and vitamins
- Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging
- Hyaluronan (Hyaluronic Acid): a natural moisturizer for skin care
- The effect of N-acetyl-glucosamine on stratum corneum desquamation and water content in human skin
- Glucosamine: an ingredient with skin and other benefits
- Genomic expression changes induced by topical N-acetyl glucosamine in skin equivalent cultures in vitro
- Incorporation of D-(^H)glucosamine into normal and psoriatic epidermal glycoconjugates
- Reduction in the appearance of facial hyperpigmentation by topical N-acetyl glucosamine
- Safety Assessment of Helianthus annuus (Sunflower)-Derived Ingredients as Used in Cosmetics
- Safety Evaluation of Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) Compounds for Cosmetic Use
- Double-blind, half-face study comparing topical vitamin C and vehicle for rejuvenation of photodamage
- Application of tetra-isopalmitoyl ascorbic acid in cosmetic formulations: Stability studies and in vivo efficacy