Elizabeth Arden PREVAGE City Smart with DNA Repair Complex + Anti-Pollution+ Antioxidants Broad Spectrum Sunscreen
- Evens skin tone
- ferulic acid
- arabidopsis thaliana extract
- c12-15 alkyl benzoate
- camellia sinensis leaf extract
Where to buy?
This product does not offer good protection against UVA rays.
This product can be considered "reef safe" because it does not contain the UV filters (oxybenzone and octinoxate) that can be harmful to coral reefs when present in the water in high concentrations.
Non-organic (mineral) filters
|Ingredient||UVB||UVA I||UVA II||Stability|
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product contains arabidopsis thaliana extract, carnosine, ferulic acid, hydroxydecyl ubiquinoyl dipalmitoyl glycerate. These ingredients might be able to help reduce and prevent fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin elasticity and firmness, but there is not enough evidence that it actually works. The biggest anti-aging effect in this product comes from sun protection. Sun damage is the main factor causing early signs of skin aging. We, however, do not recommend using this product as a sunscreen because the protection it offers is not strong enough).
The following ingredient (ingredients) in this product might be helpful, but there is no evidence to confirm that it actually works: ferulic acid.
The biggest effect for evening out skin tone in this product comes from sun protection. Sun damage is the main factor causing age spots, darkening of post-acne marks and other discolorations. This is why sun protection is the best strategy for maintaining an even skin tone. We, however, do not recommend using this product as a sunscreen because the protection it offers is not strong enough).
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: carnosine, glycerin.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: dimethicone, isopropyl myristate.
This product contains antioxidants (carnosine, ferulic acid) that can help neutralize free radicals in skin. By doing so, they can lessen the damage the skin gets from the UV light (sun).
The following ingredients - hydroxydecyl ubiquinoyl dipalmitoyl glycerate also can have an antioxidant effect, but there is less evidence to confirm their effectiveness in skin.
Ingredients by volume
A silicone that helps improve the product texture and spreadability. Can absord oil creating a short-term mattifying effect on the skin
Plain old water
An emollient that helps soften the skin and can decrease moisture loss. Helps create a nice product texture
Similar products & dupes
- Dimethicone as a protective ingredient in topical medications
- Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Dimethicone Copolyol
- A review of inorganic UV filters zinc oxide and titanium dioxide
- Risk assessment of zinc oxide, a cosmetic ingredient used as a UV filter of sunscreens
- Characterization of the UVA protection provided by avobenzone, zinc oxide, and titanium dioxide in broad-spectrum sunscreen products
- Ultraviolet Protection Properties of Commercial Sunscreens and Sunscreens Containing Zno Nanorods
- ZnO nanoparticles and organic chemical UV-filters are equally well tolerated by human immune cells
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Safety Assessment of Alumina and Aluminum Hydroxide as Used in Cosmetics
- Biological activities of the natural imidazole-containing peptidomimetics n-acetylcarnosine, carcinine and l-carnosine in ophthalmic and skin care products
- Repair of Damaged DNA by Arabidopsis Cell Extract
- A comparison of the relative antioxidant potency of L‐ergothioneine and idebenone
- l-Ergothioneine Protects Skin Cells against UV-Induced Damage—A Preliminary Study
- Ferulic Acid: Therapeutic Potential Through Its Antioxidant Property
- Ferulic acid stabilizes a solution of vitamins C and E and doubles its photoprotection of skin
- Antioxidant Properties of Ferulic Acid and Its Possible Application
- Hydroxydecyl ubiquinoyl dipalmitoyl glycerate (idebenone complex): A new and effective topical antioxidant for the treatment of premature skin aging associated with cellular oxidative stress. (2011). Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 64(2), AB21.