eb5 Advanced Repair Peptide Serum
- tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate
- palmitoyl tripeptide-38
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product contains palmitoyl tripeptide-38. This ingredient might be able to help reduce and prevent fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin elasticity and firmness, but there is not enough evidence that it actually works.
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: betaine, glycerin.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: squalane, sesamum indicum seed oil.
The following ingredients in this product are especially good for supporting the skin barrier and helping with the hydration level: palmitoyl tripeptide-38, panthenol
This product contains antioxidants (camellia sinensis leaf extract) that might be able to help neutralize free radicals in skin to lessen the damage it gets from the UV light (sun). There is not enough evidence to confirm their effectiveness in skin though.
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
One of the best moisturizing ingredients. Naturally present in skin. It attracts water to the upper layer of the skin working as a humectant
Used to stabilize product formulation, help create an even product layer over skin (for example, in sunscreen) and create a thicker product consistency
Similar products & dupes
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Acrylates Copolymer and 33 Related Cosmetic Ingredients
- Protein and oil composition of sesame seeds (Sesamum indicum, L.) grown in the Gizan area of Saudi Arabia
- Triglyceride composition of Sesamum indicum seed oil
- Seed oil content and fatty acid composition in East African sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) accessions evaluated over 3 years
- Surfactants and experimental irritant contact dermatitis
- Anti-Inflammatory and Skin Barrier Repair Effects of Topical Application of Some Plant Oils
- Zinc L-pyrrolidone carboxylate inhibits the UVA-induced production of matrix metalloproteinase-1 by in vitro cultured skin fibroblasts, whereas it enhances their collagen synthesis
- Zinc Therapy in Dermatology: A Review
- Double-blind, half-face study comparing topical vitamin C and vehicle for rejuvenation of photodamage
- Application of tetra-isopalmitoyl ascorbic acid in cosmetic formulations: Stability studies and in vivo efficacy
- Skin moisturizing effects of panthenol-based formulations