Dermalogica Hydratant Active Moist
- caprylic/capric triglyceride
- cetearyl alcohol
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: allantoin, saccharide isomerate.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: caprylic/capric triglyceride, dimethicone.
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
A good mix of fatty acids that forms a protective layer on the skin. Improves the shelf life of products. Derived from coconut and glycerin
Used to preserve products, dissolve other ingredients and create a nice product texture
Similar products & dupes
- Dimethicone as a protective ingredient in topical medications
- Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Dimethicone Copolyol
- Contact dermatitis as an adverse reaction to some topically used European herbal medicinal products – part 1: Achillea millefolium–Curcuma longa
- Safety Assessment of Citrus-Derived Peel Oils as Used in Cosmetics
- The Antiinflammatory and Antiarthritic Properties of Ethanol Extract of Hedera helix
- Nasturtium officinale R. Br. effectively reduces the skin inflammation induced by croton oil via glucocorticoid receptor-dependent and NF-κB pathways without causing toxicological effects in mice
- Safety Assessment of Alkyl Esters as Used in Cosmetics
- Augmentation of sebaceous lipogenesis by an ethanol extract of Grifola frondosa (Maitake mushroom) in hamsters in vivo and in vitro
- Citric Acid, Inorganic Citrate Salts and Alkyl Citrate Esters As Used in Cosmetics