- paraffinum liquidum
- palmitoyl pentapeptide-4
- +15 more
Where to buy?
This product contains adenosine, palmitoyl pentapeptide-4, tocotrienols. These ingredients might be able to help reduce and prevent fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin elasticity and firmness, but there is not enough evidence that it actually works.
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: glycerin, hydrolyzed collagen.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: beeswax, dimethicone.
The following ingredients in this product are especially good for supporting the skin barrier and helping with the hydration level: palmitoyl pentapeptide-4, paraffinum liquidum
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
|45% - 55%|
Used to create a nice product texture and help delivery of other ingredients. Might be somewhat helpful in attracting water to the upper layer of the skin
|6.4% - 7.8%|
One of the best moisturizing ingredients. Naturally present in skin. It attracts water to the upper layer of the skin working as a humectant
|4.6% - 5.6%|
Similar products & dupes
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- A review on the extensive skin benefits of mineral oil
- Amended Safety Assessment of Triglycerides as Used in Cosmetics
- Safety Assessment of Polyene Group as Used in Cosmetics
- Contact dermatitis as an adverse reaction to some topically used European herbal medicinal products – part 1: Achillea millefolium–Curcuma longa
- Evaluation of anti-wrinkle efficacy of adenosine-containing products using the FOITS technique
- Cosmetic or dermatological use of a polygonum bistorta extract
- See all › 15 References See all › 31 Figures Download citation Share Download full-text PDF Restoration of Both Epithelial and Endothelial Perlecan / Dystroglycan Expressions by Polygonum bistorta induces Skin Rejuvenation
- Vitamin E in dermatology
- Vitamin E and Skin Health
- Safety Assessment of Tocopherols and Tocotrienols as Used in Cosmetics
- Tocotrienol‐rich fraction attenuates UV‐induced inflammaging: A bench to bedside study
- Tocotrienols: Vitamin E beyond tocopherols
- Clinical evaluation of photoprotective effect by a topical antioxidants combination (tocopherols and tocotrienols)
- Tocotrienols: the unsaturated sidekick shifting new paradigms in vitamin E therapeutics
- Safety Assessment of Alumina and Aluminum Hydroxide as Used in Cosmetics
- Dimethicone as a protective ingredient in topical medications
- Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Dimethicone Copolyol
- Genetic Architecture of Palm Oil Fatty Acid Composition in Cultivated Oil Palm (Elaeis guineensis Jacq.) Compared to Its Wild Relative E. oleifera (H.B.K) Cortés
- Nutrient composition of Nigerian palm kernel from the dura and tenera varieties of the oil palm (Elaeis guineensis)
- Study on the Composition of Rice Bran Oil and Its Higher Free Fatty Acids Value