Clinique Moisturizing Lotion
- paraffinum liquidum
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: glycerin, sodium hyaluronate.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: sesamum indicum seed oil, glyceryl stearate.
The following ingredients in this product are especially good for supporting the skin barrier and helping with the hydration level: paraffinum liquidum, petrolatum, urea
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
One of the most effective and well studied occlusive and emollient moisturizing ingredients. Helps reduce moisture loss in skin and repair skin barrier function
One of the best moisturizing ingredients. Naturally present in skin. It attracts water to the upper layer of the skin working as a humectant
Similar products & dupes
- A review on the extensive skin benefits of mineral oil
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Protein and oil composition of sesame seeds (Sesamum indicum, L.) grown in the Gizan area of Saudi Arabia
- Triglyceride composition of Sesamum indicum seed oil
- Seed oil content and fatty acid composition in East African sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) accessions evaluated over 3 years
- Topical urea in skincare: A review
- Contact Sensitization to Emulsifying Agents: An Underrated Issue?
- Celiac Disease & Skin Care Products
- Preventive and Therapeutic Role of Functional Ingredients of Barley Grass for Chronic Diseases in Human Beings
- Safety Assessment of Helianthus annuus (Sunflower)-Derived Ingredients as Used in Cosmetics
- Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging
- Hyaluronan (Hyaluronic Acid): a natural moisturizer for skin care
- Final report on the safety assessment of EDTA, calcium disodium EDTA, diammonium EDTA, dipotassium EDTA, disodium EDTA, TEA-EDTA, tetrasodium EDTA, tripotassium EDTA, trisodium EDTA, HEDTA, and trisodium HEDTA