Bioderma Sensibio DS+ Cream
- Evens skin tone
- caprylic/capric triglyceride
- cetyl alcohol
- cocos nucifera oil
- +5 more
Can the product deliver on its promises?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
WIMJ summary for moisturizing
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: fructooligosaccharides, mannitol.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: caprylic/capric triglyceride, cocos nucifera oil.
WIMJ summary for anti-aging
This product contains glycyrrhetinic acid. This ingredient help neutralize free radicals in skin. By doing so, they might be able to prevent early signs of aging (like fine lines and wrinkles), at least to some extent. These ingredients will not be able to "reverse" signs of aging.
WIMJ summary for evens skin tone
The following ingredient (ingredients) in this product might be helpful, but there is no evidence to confirm that it actually works: glycyrrhetinic acid.
WIMJ summary for anti-oxidation
This product contains antioxidants (glycyrrhetinic acid) that can help neutralize free radicals in skin. By doing so, they can lessen the damage the skin gets from the UV light (sun).
How honest is this product?
|Promise||Can it deliver?|
|Evens skin tone|
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
|40% - 60%|
An emollient. Found to be as effective as a moisturizer for dry skin as mineral oil. Could be comedogenic
|5.3% - 7.9%|
Helps oil and water mix together and can enhance the penetration of other ingredients into the skin. It can be irritating
|3.7% - 5.6%|
Similar products & dupes
- Surfactants and experimental irritant contact dermatitis
- Propylene Glycol
- Skin-sensitizing and irritant properties of propylene glycol
- Dimethicone as a protective ingredient in topical medications
- Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Dimethicone Copolyol
- Glycyrrhetinic acid, the active principle of licorice, can reduce the thickness of subcutaneous thigh fat through topical application
- Effects of topical application of B‐Resorcinol and Glycyrrhetinic acid monotherapy and in combination with fractional CO2 laser treatment for benign hand hyperpigmentation treatment
- 18β-Glycyrrhetinic Acid and Glabridin Prevent Oxidative DNA Fragmentation in UVB-irradiated Human Keratinocyte Cultures
- Sorbitan sesquioleate, a common emulsifier in topical corticosteroids, is an important contact allergen