- Evens skin tone
- camellia sinensis extract
- +3 more
Where to buy?
The following ingredient (ingredients) in this product might be helpful, but there is no evidence to confirm that it actually works: arbutin.
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product contains good ingredients to attract water to the upper layer of the skin. These ingredients are called "humectants": glycerin, sodium hyaluronate.
When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. If the air is dry, humectants can speed up the moisture loss from the skin. This is why it is a good idea to use another product on top of this one to help "seal in" the moisture (look for ingredients like dimethicone, squalane, oils and butters).
This product contains antioxidants (arbutin, camellia sinensis extract, ilex paraguariensis leaf extract) that might be able to help neutralize free radicals in skin to lessen the damage it gets from the UV light (sun). There is not enough evidence to confirm their effectiveness in skin though.
Ingredients by volume
Traditionally used to treat sunburns, dermatitis and inflammation, but evidence for its effectiveness is lacking. The extract can contain humectants that help attract water into the skin
|23% - 34%|
Might be helpful in neutralizing free radicals in skin
|8% - 12%|
One of the best moisturizing ingredients. Attracts water into the upper layer of the skin
|5.2% - 7.8%|
Similar products & dupes
- Effect of green Coffea arabica L. seed oil on extracellular matrix components and water-channel expression in in vitro and ex vivo human skin models
- Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging
- Hyaluronan (Hyaluronic Acid): a natural moisturizer for skin care
- Arbutin - Commentaty
- TOPICAL TREATMENT OF MELASMA
- Topical formulation containing Ilex Paraguariensis extract increases metalloproteinases and myeloperoxidase activities in mice exposed to UVB radiation
- Chemical composition and antioxidant activity of yerba-mate (Ilex paraguariensis A.St.-Hil., Aquifoliaceae) extract as obtained by spray drying
- Essential oil and antioxidant activity of green mate and mate tea (Ilex paraguariensis) infusions