This is the routine @Pizzaface is using now - I will try to help make it more effective in the comment below
I'd recommend to stop the following products:
- The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% (niacinamide is good, but 10% might be irritating to your skin)
- Elemis Plumping Pillow Facial (more irritation than benefit)
- Benton Aloe Vera gel (more irritation than benefit).
- Please throw away The Ordinary AHA 30% solution. It is way to strong for most purposes, even once a week.
- I would also recommend to stop the Mandelic acid 10% as well.
You also do not need to wash your face with a cleanser in the morning, just splashing with water is enough. Cleansing less (only once per day) minimizes the damage to the skin barrier from cleansing).
- I recommend adding a simple moisturizer + optional, to help with breakouts and clogged pores, you can introduce a serum with azelaic acid (it also helps with skin tone).
I know this recommendation sound scary (where are my actives???), but this minimal approach can help you restore your skin barrier. Once your skin is better, you can introduce a retinoid serum at night (you might want to move the azelaic acid to the AM) - retinoids help prevent early signs of aging and combat breakouts very effectively. But before your skin is restored, your routine can look like this: https://whatsinmyjar.com/skincare-routines/public/3789
Oh my thank you so much!!!!