Vitage Age Defence Power Skin Repair
- magnesium ascorbyl phosphate
- retinyl palmitate
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product does not contain ingredients that are able to reduce fine lines and wrinkles or help with skin elasticity, but it can improve the look of the skin temporarily through moisturization. Well-moisturized skin might also be able to repair the sun damage better.This ingredient - ilex paraguariensis leaf extract - could be helpful for preventing or repairing signs of aging in theory, but there is no evidence that it actually works.
This ingredient ilex paraguariensis leaf extract might be able to help neutralize free radicals in skin and help it fight off some of the sun damage.
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: faex, glycerin.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: caprylic/capric triglyceride, dimethicone.
This product contains antioxidants (ilex paraguariensis leaf extract, malpighia punicifolia fruit extract) that might be able to help neutralize free radicals in skin to lessen the damage it gets from the UV light (sun). There is not enough evidence to confirm their effectiveness in skin though.
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
A good mix of fatty acids that forms a protective layer on the skin. Improves the shelf life of products. Derived from coconut and glycerin
One of the best moisturizing ingredients. Naturally present in skin. It attracts water to the upper layer of the skin working as a humectant
Similar products & dupes
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Dimethicone as a protective ingredient in topical medications
- Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Dimethicone Copolyol
- Topical formulation containing Ilex Paraguariensis extract increases metalloproteinases and myeloperoxidase activities in mice exposed to UVB radiation
- Chemical composition and antioxidant activity of yerba-mate (Ilex paraguariensis A.St.-Hil., Aquifoliaceae) extract as obtained by spray drying
- Essential oil and antioxidant activity of green mate and mate tea (Ilex paraguariensis) infusions
- Stability, transdermal penetration, and cutaneous effects of ascorbic acid and its derivatives
- Topical L-ascorbic acid: percutaneous absorption studies
- Acerola, an untapped functional superfruit: a review on latest frontiers
- Final Report on On the Safety Assessment of Galactomannans As Used in Cosmetics
- Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging