Skin79 Aloe Aqua Soothing Gel
- hydrolyzed collagen
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: allantoin, glycerin.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: hydrolyzed collagen.
Ingredients by volume
Traditionally used to treat sunburns, dermatitis and inflammation, but evidence for its effectiveness is lacking. The extract can contain humectants that help attract water into the skin
Plain old water
Helps dissolve other ingredients in a formulation
Similar products & dupes
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Effect of herbal mixture composed of Alchemilla vulgaris and Mimosa on wound healing process.
- Contact dermatitis as an adverse reaction to some topically used European herbal medicinal products – part 1: Achillea millefolium–Curcuma longa
- Safety Assessment of Citrus-Derived Peel Oils as Used in Cosmetics
- Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging