- butyrospermum parkii butter
- camellia sinensis leaf extract
- cetearyl alcohol
- +10 more
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: glycerin.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: butyrospermum parkii butter, cocos nucifera fruit extract.
This product contains antioxidants (camellia sinensis leaf extract, rubus idaeus seed oil, vaccinium macrocarpon seed oil) that might be able to help neutralize free radicals in skin to lessen the damage it gets from the UV light (sun). There is not enough evidence to confirm their effectiveness in skin though.
Ingredients by volume
An emollient. Found to be as effective as a moisturizer for dry skin as mineral oil. Could be comedogenic
|22% - 33%|
An emollient that softens the skin
|4.2% - 6.4%|
Used to stabilize the product formulations and works as an emollient
|3.2% - 4.8%|
Similar products & dupes
- Anti-Inflammatory and Skin Barrier Repair Effects of Topical Application of Some Plant Oils
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- The chemotherapeutic potential of Terminalia ferdinandiana: Phytochemistry and bioactivity
- Wound‐healing Properties of the Oils of Vitis vinifera and Vaccinium macrocarpon