- butyrospermum parkii butter
- caprylic/capric triglyceride
- +9 more
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: betaine, glycerin.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: butyrospermum parkii butter, caprylic/capric triglyceride.
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
|40% - 60%|
Acts as a solvent for other ingredients. Speeds up the absorption of other ingredients into the skin
|4.8% - 7.2%|
One of the best moisturizing ingredients. Naturally present in skin. It attracts water to the upper layer of the skin working as a humectant
|3.4% - 5.1%|
Similar products & dupes
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Anti-Inflammatory and Skin Barrier Repair Effects of Topical Application of Some Plant Oils
- Chemical composition of Sacha Inchi ( Plukenetia volubilis L.) seeds and characteristics of their lipid fraction
- Vitamin E in dermatology
- Vitamin E and Skin Health
- Transdermal behaviour of the N-alkylamide spilanthol (affinin) from Spilanthes acmella (Compositae) extracts
- Topical Glucose Induces Claudin-1 and Filaggrin Expression in a Mouse Model of Atopic Dermatitis and in Keratinocyte Culture, Exerting Anti-inflammatory Effects by Repairing Skin Barrier Function