RAWKANVAS Lustre: Renewing Bakuchiol & Champagne Décolletage Lotion
- butyrospermum parkii butter
- camellia oleifera seed oil
- cocos nucifera oil
- +8 more
Can the product deliver on its promises?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
WIMJ summary for anti-aging
This product contains serine. This ingredient might be able to help reduce and prevent fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin elasticity and firmness, but there is not enough evidence that it actually works.
WIMJ summary for moisturizing
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: arginine, glycerin.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: arginine, butyrospermum parkii butter.
The following ingredients in this product are especially good for supporting the skin barrier and helping with the hydration level: panthenol
How honest is this product?
|Promise||Can it deliver?|
Ingredients by volume
Traditionally used to treat sunburns, dermatitis and inflammation, but evidence for its effectiveness is lacking. The extract can contain humectants that help attract water into the skin
|23% - 34%|
An emollient that does not leave a greasy finish
|5.1% - 7.6%|
An emollient. Found to be as effective as a moisturizer for dry skin as mineral oil. Could be comedogenic
|4.6% - 6.9%|
Similar products & dupes
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Topical palmitoyl pentapeptide provides improvement in photoaged human facial skin
- Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Properties of Anthocyanins Extracted from Oryza sativa L. in Primary Dermal Fibroblasts
- Rice antioxidants: phenolic acids, flavonoids, anthocyanins, proanthocyanidins, tocopherols, tocotrienols, c-oryzanol, and phytic acid
- Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging
- Hyaluronan (Hyaluronic Acid): a natural moisturizer for skin care
- Cocoa polyphenols and their influence on parameters involved in ex vivo skin restructuring