NATURE REPUBLIC Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel
- polyglutamic acid
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product contains good ingredients to attract water to the upper layer of the skin. These ingredients are called "humectants": glycerin, polyglutamic acid.
When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. If the air is dry, humectants can speed up the moisture loss from the skin. This is why it is a good idea to use another product on top of this one to help "seal in" the moisture (look for ingredients like dimethicone, squalane, oils and butters).
Ingredients by volume
Traditionally used to treat sunburns, dermatitis and inflammation, but evidence for its effectiveness is lacking. The extract can contain humectants that help attract water into the skin
Can be drying and contribute to skin irritation. Used in formulars to dissolve other ingredients, create a thinner product consistency or for its antibacterial properties
Helps to create a nice product texture and spread the product more easily on the skin
Similar products & dupes
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Surfactants and experimental irritant contact dermatitis
- The influence of alkane chain length on the skin irritation potential of 1,2-alkanediols
- γ‐Polyglutamic Acid Produced by Bacillus Subtilis (Natto): Structural Characteristics, Chemical Properties and Biological Functionalities
- Natural and edible biopolymer poly‐γ‐glutamic acid: synthesis, production, and applications
- Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging
- Hyaluronan (Hyaluronic Acid): a natural moisturizer for skin care
- Topical application of Calendula officinalis (L.): Formulation and evaluation of hydrophilic cream with antioxidant activity
- The seamy side of natural medicines: contact sensitization to arnica (Arnica montana L.) and marigold (Calendula officinalis L.)
- Final report on the safety assessment of Calendula officinalis extract and Calendula officinalis