Luzern Laboratories Luzern Hydrating Essence
- camellia sinensis leaf extract
- saccharomyces lysate extract
- sodium hyaluronate
- +2 more
Can the product deliver on its promises?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
WIMJ summary for moisturizing
This product contains good ingredients to attract water to the upper layer of the skin. These ingredients are called "humectants": glycerin, saccharomyces lysate extract.
When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. If the air is dry, humectants can speed up the moisture loss from the skin. This is why it is a good idea to use another product on top of this one to help "seal in" the moisture (look for ingredients like dimethicone, squalane, oils and butters).
WIMJ summary for anti-oxidation
This product contains antioxidants (camellia sinensis leaf extract) that might be able to help neutralize free radicals in skin to lessen the damage it gets from the UV light (sun). There is not enough evidence to confirm their effectiveness in skin though.
How honest is this product?
|Promise||Can it deliver?|
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
|40% - 60%|
Traditionally used to treat sunburns, dermatitis and inflammation, but evidence for its effectiveness is lacking. The extract can contain humectants that help attract water into the skin
|5.1% - 7.6%|
Acts as a solvent for other ingredients. Speeds up the absorption of other ingredients into the skin
|3.7% - 5.5%|
Similar products & dupes
- Efficacy and Safety of White Willow Bark (Salix alba) Extract
- An evaluation of the effect of a topical product containing salicin on the visible signs of human skin aging
- Use of Probiotics for Dermal Applications
- Skin improvement and stability of Echinacea purpurea dermatological formulations
- The Potential Use of Echinacea in Acne: Control of Propionibacterium acnes Growth and Inflammation
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Nutrient composition of rose (Rosa canina L.) seed and oils
- Characterization of Rosehip (Rosa canina L.) Seed and Seed Oil
- Bioactive ingredients of rose hips (Rosa canina L) with special reference to antioxidative and anti-inflammatory properties: in vitro studies
- Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging