- ascorbyl glucoside
- +4 more
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product contains good ingredients to attract water to the upper layer of the skin. These ingredients are called "humectants": glycerin, sodium hyaluronate.
When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. If the air is dry, humectants can speed up the moisture loss from the skin. This is why it is a good idea to use another product on top of this one to help "seal in" the moisture (look for ingredients like dimethicone, squalane, oils and butters).
The following ingredients in this product are especially good for supporting the skin barrier and helping with the hydration level: panthenol
This product contains antioxidants (caffeine). In theory, they could help neutralize free radicals in skin and lessen the damage it gets from the UV light (sun), but there is no evidence that these ingredients can have a noticeable effect in skin.
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
|45% - 55%|
Produces temporary toning effect. Can help dissolve other ingredients or preserve products
|9.8% - 12%|
One of the best moisturizing ingredients. Naturally present in skin. It attracts water to the upper layer of the skin working as a humectant
|4.8% - 5.9%|
Similar products & dupes
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging
- Hyaluronan (Hyaluronic Acid): a natural moisturizer for skin care
- The Roles of Vitamin C in Skin Health
- Stability, transdermal penetration, and cutaneous effects of ascorbic acid and its derivatives
- Safety Assessment of Acryloyldimethyltaurate Polymers as Used in Cosmetics
- Surfactants and experimental irritant contact dermatitis