Heliocare 360 Airgel SPF 50+
- Sun protection
- 3-o-ethyl ascorbic acid
- ferulic acid
- arabidopsis thaliana extract
- bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine
- c12-15 alkyl benzoate
Where to buy?
This product offers a good level of protection against both UVB and UVA rays.
This sunscreen uses organic sunscreen filters. Organic fitlers usually provide reliable sun protection and rarely leave a white cast. Sunscreens with organic filters can sting eyes.
This product can be considered "reef safe" because it does not contain the UV filters (oxybenzone and octinoxate) that can be harmful to coral reefs when present in the water in high concentrations.
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help prevent early signs of skin aging because it offers a good level of broad spectrum sun protection. Sun damage is the main cause of premature skin aging, and protecting your skin from the sun is the best anti-aging strategy.
These ingredients in the product might also be helpful for reducing and preventing fine lines, wrinkles, and skin elasticity, even though there is no conclusive evidence for their effectiveness: arabidopsis thaliana extract, ferulic acid.
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product offers broad spectrum sun protection. It means that it can prevent hyperpigmentation and help keep the skin tone even (sun damage is the main factor causing age spots, darkening of post-acne marks and other discolorations).
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: glycerin, butylene glycol.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: cetyl dimethicone, ethyl linoleate.
The following ingredients in this product are especially good for supporting the skin barrier and helping with the hydration level: phytosphingosine
This product contains antioxidants (ferulic acid) that can help neutralize free radicals in skin. By doing so, they can lessen the damage the skin gets from the UV light (sun).
The following ingredients - camellia sinensis extract also can have an antioxidant effect, but there is less evidence to confirm their effectiveness in skin.
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
Octinoxate. When used in higher concentrations, works as a sunscreen protecting the skin from UVB rays. When used in lower concentration, helps to preserve the product formulation. Is shown to be harmful to coral reefs - consider avoiding bathing in coral reef areas when wearing a product with this ingredient. It can be irritating
Similar products & dupes
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Ceteareth-2, -3, -4, -5, -6, -7, -8, -9, -10, -11, -12, -13, -14, -15, -16, -17, -18,-20,-22,-23,-24,-25,-27, -28, -29, -30, -33, -34, -40, -50, -55, -60, -80, and -100
- Amended Safety Assessment of Acrylates Copolymers as Used in Cosmetics
- Contact dermatitis caused by alkyl glucosides in the modern cosmetic industry and contact dermatitis in the Canadian aircraft industry
- Safety Assessment of Decyl Glucoside and Other Alkyl Glucosides as Used in Cosmetics
- Antioxidant Ability and Stability Studies of 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, a Cosmetic Tyrosinase Inhibitor
- Mechanistic insights in the use of a Polypodium leucotomos extract as an oral and topical photoprotective agent
- Ferulic Acid: Therapeutic Potential Through Its Antioxidant Property
- Ferulic acid stabilizes a solution of vitamins C and E and doubles its photoprotection of skin
- Antioxidant Properties of Ferulic Acid and Its Possible Application
- Panthenyl Triacetate Transformation, Stimulation of Metabolic Pathways, and Wound-Healing Properties in the Human Skin
- Repair of Damaged DNA by Arabidopsis Cell Extract
- Safety Assessment of Alumina and Aluminum Hydroxide as Used in Cosmetics
- Ethyl linoleate inhibits α-MSH-induced melanogenesis through Akt/GSK3β/β-catenin signal pathway
- Double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study of a lotion containing triethyl citrate and ethyl linoleate in the treatment of acne vulgaris
- Vitamin E in dermatology