- salicylic acid
- oleanolic acid
- +2 more
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help reduce breakouts and clogged pores because it contains the following ingredient: salicylic acid. This ingredient is used for treating acne and can have a noticeable effect.
This product can help exfoliate the skin. In other words, it helps break down the bonds between dead cells on the surface of the skin and speed up the skin turnover. Skin often appears softer and brighter after exfoliation, but overdoing it can result in disrupted skin barrier. The following ingredient is doing the exfoliating job in this product: salicylic acid.
This product contains good ingredients to attract water to the upper layer of the skin. These ingredients are called "humectants": allantoin, glycerin.
When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. If the air is dry, humectants can speed up the moisture loss from the skin. This is why it is a good idea to use another product on top of this one to help "seal in" the moisture (look for ingredients like dimethicone, squalane, oils and butters).
Ingredients by volume
Used for skin exfoliation. It has an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial effect, helps to unclog pores, prevent blemishes and speed up healing of the existing ones. Sometimes referred to as a BHA (beta-hydroxy acid)
Produces temporary toning effect. Can help dissolve other ingredients or preserve products
|24% - 36%|
Helps calm down inflammation in skin and can help reduce itching. Helps to repair the skin barrier and keep skin hydrated
|6.7% - 10%|
An active component of chamomile plant that historically has been used to calm down irritated skin. A recent study shows that bisabolol indeed can have some anti-inflammatory effect on skin, even though conclusive data is lacking. Bisabolol has a sweet floral scent and can be added to products for its aromatic properties
|3.6% - 5.4%|
Used to create a nice product texture and help delivery of other ingredients. Might be somewhat helpful in attracting water to the upper layer of the skin
|2.9% - 4.4%|
Helps preserve products and creates a nice product texture
|2.6% - 3.9%|
Helps create a gel-like product texture. Can be used in gentle cleansing formulations
|2.1% - 3.2%|
Can work as an exfoliant but is typically used to adjust the product pH
|1.7% - 2.6%|
Stabilizes the product formulation
|0.5% - 1%|
An aromatic blend of unspecified and possibly irritating ingredients
|1.1% - 1.6%|
One of the best moisturizing ingredients. Naturally present in skin. It attracts water to the upper layer of the skin working as a humectant
|1% - 1.5%|
Used to thicken product formulations and create gel-like textures
|0.8% - 1.2%|
Used to stabilize the formula of product formulation. Might be helpful in neutralizing free radicals in skin
|0.5% - 1.2%|
Might be helpful against blemishes, work as an anti-oxidant, reduce inflammation and improve skin's ability to hold on to moisture, but more research is needed to confirm its effectiveness when applied topically to human skin
|0.45% - 1.05%|
|0.45% - 1%|
Helps oil and water mix together
|0.35% - 0.85%|
Used to adjust the product's pH
|0.2% - 0.7%|
Plain old water
|0.15% - 0.6%|
Similar products & dupes
- Salicylic acid as a peeling agent: a comprehensive review
- Beta Hydroxy Acids
- A review of toxicity from topical salicylic acid preparations
- Glycolic Acid Peels Versus Salicylic–Mandelic Acid Peels in Active Acne Vulgaris and Post‐Acne Scarring and Hyperpigmentation: A Comparative Study
- α-(-)-Bisabolol Reduces Pro-Inflammatory Cytokine Production and Ameliorates Skin Inflammation
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Nordihydroguaiaretic acid, an inhibitor of lipoxygenase, also inhibits cytochrome P-450-mediated monooxygenase activity in rat epidermal and hepatic microsomes.
- Antimutagenic and antitumorigenic activities of nordihydroguaiaretic acid
- Estrogenic activity of an antioxidant, nordihydroguaiaretic acid (NDGA)
- Molecular mechanisms and clinical applications of nordihydroguaiaretic acid (NDGA) and its derivatives: An update
- Effectiveness of the formulation that containing oleanolic acid 3% on inhibition of 5-α reductase activity on skin of patients with acne
- The effect of ursolic and oleanolic acids on human skin fibroblast cells