Elcie Cosmetics Lip Balm Treatment
- butyrospermum parkii butter
- c10-18 triglycerides
- caprylic/capric triglyceride
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: polyglycerin-3.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: butyrospermum parkii butter, caprylic/capric triglyceride.
Ingredients by volume
An emollient that helps to soften the skin and create a pleasant product texture and stabilize the formulation
Used to create a thicker product consistency
A good mix of fatty acids that forms a protective layer on the skin. Improves the shelf life of products. Derived from coconut and glycerin
Similar products & dupes
- Final report of the cosmetic ingredient review expert panel on the safety assessment of Polyisobutene and Hydrogenated Polyisobutene as used in cosmetics
- Safety Assessment of Vinylpyrrolidone Polymers as Used in Cosmetics
- Public Report: 2-Butenedioic acid (2E)-, di-C12-15-alkyl esters (INCI Name: Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate)
- Vitamin E in dermatology
- Vitamin E and Skin Health
- Safety Assessment of Styrene and Vinyl-type Styrene Copolymers as Used in Cosmetics
- Effect of Olive and Sunflower Seed Oil on the Adult Skin Barrier: Implications for Neonatal Skin Care
- Topically Applied Sunflower Seed Oil Prevents Invasive Bacterial Infections in Preterm Infants in Egypt
- Effect of topically applied lipids on surfactant-irritated skin