Dior Creme Abricot Nail Cream
- paraffinum liquidum
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: glycerin.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: beeswax, lecithin.
The following ingredients in this product are especially good for supporting the skin barrier and helping with the hydration level: lanolin, paraffinum liquidum
Ingredients by volume
Sebum of wool-bearing animals (most commonly sheep). Helps soften the upper layer of the skin and reduce the skin water loss. In rare cases could be an allergen. Not suitable for vegans
Plain old water
One of the most effective and well studied occlusive and emollient moisturizing ingredients. Helps reduce moisture loss in skin and repair skin barrier function
Similar products & dupes
- The lanolin paradox revisited Matiz, Catalina et al. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Volume 64, Issue 1, 197
- A review on the extensive skin benefits of mineral oil
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Sorbitan sesquioleate, a common emulsifier in topical corticosteroids, is an important contact allergen
- Safety Assessment of Alumina and Aluminum Hydroxide as Used in Cosmetics