Chloé Signature Body Lotion
- Moisturizing promised
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product contains good ingredients to attract water to the upper layer of the skin. These ingredients are called "humectants": glycerin, propylene glycol.
When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. If the air is dry, humectants can speed up the moisture loss from the skin. This is why it is a good idea to use another product on top of this one to help "seal in" the moisture (look for ingredients like dimethicone, squalane, oils and butters).
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
A silicone that helps improve the product texture and spreadability. Can absord oil creating a short-term mattifying effect on the skin
Forms a protective film on the surface of the skin to prevent moisture loss. Gives a velvety feel to products while reducing tackiness
Similar products & dupes
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Surfactants and experimental irritant contact dermatitis
- 5: Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Steareth-2,-4,-6,-7,-10,-11,-13,-15, and-20
- Dermatological and environmental toxicological impact of the sunscreen ingredient oxybenzone/benzophenone‐3
- Effect of Sunscreen Application on Plasma Concentration of Sunscreen Active Ingredients A Randomized Clinical Trial