Burt's Bees Burt's Beesreg; Vanilla Bean Lip Balm
- butyrospermum parkii butter
- canola oil
- glycine soja oil
- ricinus communis seed oil
- theobroma cacao seed butter
- +4 more
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help soften the skin and reduce its moisture loss with emollients and occlusives: butyrospermum parkii butter, ricinus communis seed oil.
Keep in mind that this product does not contain effective ingredients to attract water to the upper layer of the skin. This is why an additional product with humectants like glycerin or hyaluronic acid can be helpful (apply it before this product for the best results).
The following ingredients in this product are especially good for supporting the skin barrier and helping with the hydration level: lanolin
This product contains antioxidants (butyrospermum parkii butter, theobroma cacao seed butter). In theory, they could help neutralize free radicals in skin and lessen the damage it gets from the UV light (sun), but there is no evidence that these ingredients can have a noticeable effect in skin.
Ingredients by volume
A plant oil that can help soften the skin. It might be helpful in calming down inflammation, but solid research is lacking. Is often used in lip products to create the needed product consistency
|26% - 39%|
Sebum of wool-bearing animals (most commonly sheep). Helps soften the upper layer of the skin and reduce the skin water loss. In rare cases could be an allergen. Not suitable for vegans
|9.7% - 14.5%|
A great moisturising ingredient that softens the skin and reduces water loss from its upper layer. It also can be helpful in protecting skin from free radicals
|5.7% - 8.5%|
Helps soften the upper layer of the skin and can be helpful in restoring the skin barrier function. Might have some anti-oxidant effect
|4% - 6.1%|
|2.7% - 4.1%|
A plant extract used as a fragrance. Can be irritating
|2% - 3%|
|1.2% - 1.8%|
Pure form of vitamin E. Can help moisturise and protect the skin from free radicals. Often used to help stabilise other ingredients or the formula itself
|0.5% - 1.2%|
A good emollient that helps soften the skin and helps repair its barrier function
|1% - 1.5%|
Can be helpful in reducing inflammation in skin. Is a likely irritant
|0.15% - 0.65%|
A plant oil that can help soften the upper layer of the skin
|0.4% - 0.9%|
Similar products & dupes
- Final report on the safety assessment of Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Glyceryl Ricinoleate, Glyceryl Ricinoleate SE, Ricinoleic Acid, Potassium Ricinoleate, Sodium Ricinoleate, Zinc Ricinoleate, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Ethyl Ricinoleate, Glycol Ricinoleate, Isopropyl Ricinoleate, Methyl Ricinoleate, and Octyldodecyl Ricinoleate
- Castor Oil: Properties, Uses, and Optimization of Processing Parameters in Commercial Production
- Effect of ricinoleic acid in acute and subchronic experimental models of inflammation
- The lanolin paradox revisited Matiz, Catalina et al. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Volume 64, Issue 1, 197
- Cocoa polyphenols and their influence on parameters involved in ex vivo skin restructuring