- Sun protection
- +1 more
- bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine
- +13 more
Where to buy?
This product offers a good level of protection against both UVB and UVA rays.
This sunscreen uses organic (so-called "chemical") sunscreen filters. Organic, or "chemical" filters usually provide reliable sun protection and rarely leave a white cast. Sunscreens with organic filters can sting eyes.
This product can be considered "reef safe" because it does not contain the UV filters (oxybenzone and octinoxate) that can be harmful to coral reefs when present in the water in high concentrations.
|Ingredient||UVB||UVA I||UVA II||Stability|
|bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine|
|diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate|
|methylene bis-benzotriazolyl tetramethylbutylphenol|
This product can help prevent early signs of skin aging because it offers a good level of broad spectrum sun protection. Sun damage is the main cause of premature skin aging, and protecting your skin from the sun is the best anti-aging strategy.
This product offers broad spectrum sun protection. It means that it can prevent hyperpigmentation and help keep the skin tone even (sun damage is the main factor causing age spots, darkening of post-acne marks and other discolorations).
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: diglycerin, glycerin.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: myristyl myristate, cetyl dimethicone.
The following ingredients in this product are especially good for supporting the skin barrier and helping with the hydration level: panthenol
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
|45% - 55%|
Enhances the product texture and makes it more spreadable. Helps reduce water loss from the outer layer of skin. Extands the shelf life by preventing bacteria growth
|5.9% - 7.2%|
Octisalate. A UV filter. It offers some protection against the sun rays that cause sunburn (UVB), but does not protect against the most aging sun rays (UVA). It loses its effectiveness quickly when exposed to sunlight. It is an organic, or so called "chemical" sunscreen
|4.4% - 5.4%|
Similar products & dupes
- Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions
- Niacinamide - mechanisms of action and its topical use in dermatology
- Gehring, W. (2004). Nicotinic acid/niacinamide and the skin. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 3(2), 88–93. doi:10.1111/j.1473-2130.2004.00115.x
- Skin moisturizing effects of panthenol-based formulations
- Safety Assessment of Panthenol, Pantothenic Acid, and Derivatives as Used in Cosmetics
- The influence of alkane chain length on the skin irritation potential of 1,2-alkanediols
- Cosmetic allergy from myristyl alcohol
- Contact Sensitization to Emulsifying Agents: An Underrated Issue?