- Sun protection
- Evens skin tone
- +1 more
- bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine
- butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane
- caprylic/capric triglyceride
- +15 more
Where to buy?
This product offers a good level of protection against both UVB and UVA rays.
This sunscreen uses organic (so-called "chemical") sunscreen filters. Organic, or "chemical" filters usually provide reliable sun protection and rarely leave a white cast. Sunscreens with organic filters can sting eyes.
This product can be considered "reef safe" because it does not contain the UV filters (oxybenzone and octinoxate) that can be harmful to coral reefs when present in the water in high concentrations.
|Ingredient||UVB||UVA I||UVA II||Stability|
|methylene bis-benzotriazolyl tetramethylbutylphenol|
|bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine|
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product offers broad spectrum sun protection. It means that it can prevent hyperpigmentation and help keep the skin tone even (sun damage is the main factor causing age spots, darkening of post-acne marks and other discolorations).
This product can help improve hydration of the skin with the two types of ingredients.
The first type is called “humectants”:
these ingredients help attract water. When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. The following ingredients in this product do the job: fructooligosaccharides, mannitol.
This product also contains ingredients called “occlusives”. They help reduce the speed with which our skin loses moisture to the outside environment. These ingredients also help soften the upper layer of the skin, so it feels less tight and nicer to the touch. The following ingredients in this product do the job: helianthus annuus seed oil, cyclopentasiloxane.
This product contains antioxidants (glycyrrhetinic acid) that can help neutralize free radicals in skin. By doing so, they can lessen the damage the skin gets from the UV light (sun).
The following ingredients - ginkgo biloba leaf extract also can have an antioxidant effect, but there is less evidence to confirm their effectiveness in skin.
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
|45% - 55%|
Helps products spread more easily and works as an emollient to soften skin
|5.7% - 7%|
A weak sunscreen that protects against the sun rays that cause sunburn (UVB) and is somewhat effective against the UVA rays. It is quite stable and can help stabilize other, more vulnerable, sunscreen ingredients like Avobenzone. It is an organic, or so called "chemical" sunscreen
|5.3% - 6.5%|
Similar products & dupes
- Ecofriendly surfactant is allergen of the year
- Surfactants and experimental irritant contact dermatitis
- Glycyrrhetinic acid, the active principle of licorice, can reduce the thickness of subcutaneous thigh fat through topical application
- Effects of topical application of B‐Resorcinol and Glycyrrhetinic acid monotherapy and in combination with fractional CO2 laser treatment for benign hand hyperpigmentation treatment
- 18β-Glycyrrhetinic Acid and Glabridin Prevent Oxidative DNA Fragmentation in UVB-irradiated Human Keratinocyte Cultures
- Safety Assessment of Ginkgo biloba-Derived Ingredients as Used in Cosmetics
- Cosmeceutical Critique: Ginkgo Biloba
- Vitamin E in dermatology
- Vitamin E and Skin Health
- Potentially beneficial effects of rhamnose on skin ageing: an in vitro and in vivo study
- Effect of Olive and Sunflower Seed Oil on the Adult Skin Barrier: Implications for Neonatal Skin Care
- Topically Applied Sunflower Seed Oil Prevents Invasive Bacterial Infections in Preterm Infants in Egypt
- Effect of topically applied lipids on surfactant-irritated skin