- ahnfeltiopsis concinna extract
Where to buy?
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product contains good ingredients to attract water to the upper layer of the skin. These ingredients are called "humectants": ahnfeltiopsis concinna extract.
When humectants are on the surface of the skin, they “pull in” the moisture from the outside environment, or from within deeper layers of the skin. If the air is dry, humectants can speed up the moisture loss from the skin. This is why it is a good idea to use another product on top of this one to help "seal in" the moisture (look for ingredients like dimethicone, squalane, oils and butters).
Ingredients by volume
Plain old water
|40% - 60%|
Acts as a solvent for other ingredients. Speeds up the absorption of other ingredients into the skin
|4.4% - 6.7%|
Helps oil and water mix together and can enhance the penetration of other ingredients into the skin. It can be irritating
|3.4% - 5.1%|
Similar products & dupes
- Surfactants and experimental irritant contact dermatitis
- Propylene Glycol
- Skin-sensitizing and irritant properties of propylene glycol
- Ginseng in Dermatology: A Review
- Antiaging effects of the mixture of Panax ginseng and Crataegus pinnatifida in human dermal fibroblasts and healthy human skin
- Safety Assessment of Tromethamine as Used in Cosmetics
- 4 Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Sodium Dehydroacetate and Dehydroacetic Acid
- Topical application of Calendula officinalis (L.): Formulation and evaluation of hydrophilic cream with antioxidant activity
- The seamy side of natural medicines: contact sensitization to arnica (Arnica montana L.) and marigold (Calendula officinalis L.)
- Final report on the safety assessment of Calendula officinalis extract and Calendula officinalis
- Contact dermatitis as an adverse reaction to some topically used European herbal medicinal products – part 1: Achillea millefolium–Curcuma longa