Olive + M Eye Serum
- camellia seed oil
- cucumis sativus oil
- olea europaea fruit oil
Where to buy?
This product contains camellia seed oil, tocopherol. These ingredients help neutralize free radicals in skin. By doing so, they might be able to prevent early signs of aging (like fine lines and wrinkles), at least to some extent. These ingredients will not be able to "reverse" signs of aging.
PromiseWhat does the product description say?
This product can help soften the skin and reduce its moisture loss with emollients and occlusives: squalene, cucumis sativus oil.
Keep in mind that this product does not contain effective ingredients to attract water to the upper layer of the skin. This is why an additional product with humectants like glycerin or hyaluronic acid can be helpful (apply it before this product for the best results).
This product contains antioxidants (camellia seed oil, tocopherol) that can help neutralize free radicals in skin. By doing so, they can lessen the damage the skin gets from the UV light (sun).
The following ingredients - squalene also can have an antioxidant effect, but there is less evidence to confirm their effectiveness in skin.
Ingredients by volume
An emollient that helps soften the skin but is not effective for restoring its barrier function. Might be helpful to calm down inflammation
A plant oil that works as a great moisturizer by softening the upper layer of the skin. Due to the high linoleic acid content, can help reduce inflammation in skin
An emollient that helps soften the skin and could be helpful in repairing its barrier function
Similar products & dupes
- Use of “natural” oils for moisturization: Review of olive, coconut, and sunflower seed oil
- Safety Assessment of Cucumis sativus (Cucumber)-Derived Ingredients as Used in Cosmetics
- New Claims for Wild Carrot (Daucus carota subsp. carota) Essential Oil
- Biological Activities and Safety of Citrus spp. Essential Oils
- The Chemical Composition and Nutritional Value of Chia Seeds—Current State of Knowledge
- Squalene and its potential clinical uses
- Biological and Pharmacological Activities of Squalene and Related Compounds: Potential Uses in Cosmetic Dermatology
- Enhanced comedo formation in rabbit ear skin by squalene and oleic acid peroxides
- Safety Assessment of Phytosterols as Used in Cosmetics
- Allergic contact dermatitis induced by rosemary leaf extract in a cleansing gel
- Safety Assessment of Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary)-Derived Ingredients as Used in Cosmetics
- Vitamin E in dermatology